MOISTURE STABILIZERMoisture Absorbents
Changes in humidity cause damage in many products of food, industry or cultural goods. The moisture stabilizer achieves control at a specific value.
The PROPADYN Moisture Stabilizer allows moisture control to be maintained at a desired value. Faced with a rise in moisture, the product reduces it by reacting rapidly. In the opposite case, when the humidity has dropped, it is capable of emanating moisture to leave it to the desired value. The whole process is done without sudden changes of humidity.
It is a natural product, biodegradable and even edible. A closed enclosure is required for the placement of the moisture stabilizer, either art showcases or cultural goods, food boxes or pharmaceuticals or also sea containers. Any enclosed space is susceptible to being controlled by PROPADYN.
The Mooisture Stabilizer allows to regulate the humidity between the ranges of 30% and 80% of relative humidity. It can be used in any climate environment (tropical, high humidity or low humidity environments).
It is an ideal product for transport and storage of products that need a controlled humidity between some values, being able to act without changing it during several months.
Moisture stabilizers can be used in any enclosed space where moisture is required to be maintained at a constant value. Some of the applications are:
- Conservation Works of Art and Cultural Property: Allows active climate control
- Food: It is a product that can be in direct contact with foods
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Sector Capital Goods
- Transport of goods of high added value
- Military industry
It is a very versatile product and thanks to its dimensions adaptable to confined spaces.
Some features of the product are:
- Great speed for the correction of humidity variations, compensating for imbalances by absorbing or releasing moisture gradually to maintain a constant value.
- It does not need a pre-conditioning before the use of the product.
- The place where it is placed must be closed to extend the life of the product.
- It may be in direct contact with food, as it is composed of natural food elements.
- It is a regenerable product. At the end of its regulation capacity allows the regeneration through a specific treatment, returning to the initial Relative Humidity parameters.
- It does not release liquid or dust during use, a common drawback of moisture absorbing products. It is not deliquescent, and therefore can be used in all kinds of conditions.
- It allows a great energy saving, provoking a synergy with the air conditioners.
- Thanks to its chemical composition, it acts as a flame retardant, not allowing the propagation of eventual fires.
- Excellent insulator for the construction, to be able to attenuate vibrations without modifying the geometry.
- It is resistant to the aggression of organic volatile compounds (VOC) and, at the same time, has a high absorption capacity of VOCs present in the environment.
The product can be supplied in different values of relative humidity, between 30% and 80%. Also, there are two product sizes:
- PROPADYN 3200
- PROPADYN 3400
Choose the best solution for your use by contacting us.
You can consult other types of desiccants in our section Absorbents.