VCI Film- Coils and BagsPackaging Products
VCI Film for protection of materials against corrosion. The VCI Film adapts to any surface to ensure the good condition of the products during transport and storage.
Film with the characteristic of having the VCI additive in its composition, since the additive Propatech VCI is added in the molten mass during the coextrusion of the film. The additive then sublimates the plastic, giving corrosion protection properties needed during packaging of metal objects .
It is currently an option widely used by major automobile manufacturers and steel companies as it is a simple and economical solution to protect finished metal products.
The product is coextruded in 3 layers, thus ensuring a high mechanical resistance and that the VCI molecules are arranged in one direction.
It is also a transparent product that facilitates the good disposal of the merchandise in specific positions or with the appropriate supports. In this way, if the goods have to be manipulated afterwards, there is no problem in doing so.
See more information on the Propatech VCI system in our Anti Rust solutions section here.
The VCI Film is a product widely used in the movement of metal parts in diferent sectors:
- Car industry
- Energy sector
- Capital goods and machinery
- Metallurgical industry and steel sector
- Metal structures
- Inner layer: It is the most VCI impregnated layer as it directly protects the packaged products.
- Middle layer: This layer serves as an accumulator of VCI molecules that protects the merchandise in the long term. It begins to act when the inner layer is exhausted.
- Outer layer: The outer layer has two functions, to protect the inside of the packaging from environmental agents and to ensure that the VCI additive does not disperse out of the packaging and perform its function of protection against corrosion. The VCI molecules can´t go outside protecting the metallic elements in an optimal way.